Sunday, April 13, 2008

one year and a million memories...


Today is the one year mark for the day that we lost my sweet sweet Grandpa Sherd. In ways I cannot believe that it has been a year and in other ways it feels like it has been forever. I miss his smile, his laugh, his hugs, and just shootin the breeze with him. I have thought and thought the last twelve months about all of the memories that I have of him and with him. He was always a blast. There was rarely a dull moment with him around. He always kept us laughing. He always spoke his mind and you always knew where you stood with him. He had awesome stories and some of the best advice I have ever heard. He always made me feel so special. He always knew how to make you feel loved and important. Although, I miss him so much I have felt his influence so much in my life since he has been gone. I know without a doubt that he is with me and watching over me and I know that he has had his hands in my life. I am so thankful to him for all of the lessons I have learned from him. He taught me so much about what being Christlike is about. He was an amazing example to all of those around him and showed all of us what it means to take care of each other. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for the promises we have been given of eternal families. I know that he is so happy and healthy and although we all miss him so much here, I know that he is surely keeping things lively where he is. Until we are blessed to be together again, I hope that I can live my life the ways that he did...always loving those around me and taking every experience and turning it into something good. Pops, I love you and I miss you and try not to cause too much ruckus up there!

3 comments:

Adree said...

I can't believe it's been a year. I wish that I would have been more compassionate when you lost your grandpa. Now that I've recently lost mine I have a new outlook on when people lose someone close to them.

Candice said...

WOW! A year already! Along with Adree, some things that have happened the last year have really made me realize we need alot more compassion in our lives!

Juli said...

Hey Jen! I can't believe it has been a year. Wow time flies! I need to come visit. Katie is in town, we should all get together!
Love Ya!!!