Friday, April 25, 2008

how did this get here?

Well, I started to clean out a few things and I am trying to start boxing it up so that I can take a load with me every weekend. I am trying to make the big move day not as intense. But can I just tell you, I can NOT believe all of the stuff that I have accumulated in two years!!!! I definitely did not have all of this when I moved into this house. It is amazing the things you hang onto, the places you find to store it, and the reasons you talk yourself into keeping it. Pathetic. I will say one thing I am proud of though, I took so many clothes to the DI. Clothes, shoes, pants, shirts, jackets, coats, you name it. The guy at the drop off about pooped his pants when I opened up the car doors, and then the trunk. And to think that it all came out of MY closet. I tell you it is amazing that I still have anything left to wear after the drop off, and I do! My closet is still totally full. Although, now I won't have to put in an arm to make place for yet another hanger. I will tell you one thing, the local Lees Marketplace does not have enough boxes to haul all of this stuff to Stacey's basement for storage. And I don't know if Stacey has enough room in her basement for all of my stuff.... Temporary Stac, only temporary.... So, here it is , my pledge to throw it away. If I haven't worn it, used it, wondered where it was, tried to find it, borrowed it out, or wished I had something remotely like it.... it gets chucked. I promise. GONE!!!

4 comments:

Juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juli said...

Good Motto Jen! Good Luck with the packing!!!

kris mair said...

Good job Jen.. I am right there with ya! I just had a garage sale and am still finding things to get rid of..UGH! Makes me sick to think how much I spend on CRAP!! love ya.. Kris

Adree said...

Oh you just wait till you move with kids.