Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby Business


So, I am starting to wonder if this baby business is for the birds or what!!! This week has been so crazy. I went to the DR this week for just my regular check up and to get the actual report from my DR on my ultrasound I had a few weeks ago... when she told us the placenta had moved and it all looked ok... Danny had worked all night so I took the girls with me to the appt. I thought it was just going to be a quick in and out thing so I promised them a sno cone if they behaved awesome at the dr. The two nights before I went in for my appt I had been woken up by cramping... The first night it was really pretty bad and lasted for almost 40 minutes or so. I had gotten up and tried to pee to see if it would help. I woke Danny up and told him I was worried... this had not happened before and I felt like I was having a bad period. Then it went away... the next night, same thing. So, when I went to my appt that day I told the DR. He told me that they were probably small contractions. He also informed me that the wonderful ultrasound lady had misinformed me... yes my placenta had moved, but is was still NOT SAFE enough to be safe... He also gave me the implication that he didn't really see it moving a whole lot more in the next few weeks. Basically, he put me on some restrictions about activity, sex being the most HORRIBLE one.. boo... and told me that I really need to be super careful. Lots of resting with my feet up and listening to my body. He also told me that I will have yet another ultrasound at 34 weeks to recheck the placenta. If at that time it has not finished the distance we need, he will schedule the C section for 37 weeks. As you can only imagine, I was SO floored! After the ultrasound I had totally put this worry about placenta previa in the back of my head. I hadn't given it another thought! Well, to say the least, it was a very emotional day for me. I know that all that matters is that the baby is healthy and what ever I need to do to get her here safe is all that matters to me, but I was so bummed! I wish so bad that ultrasound tech had not said one thing! I guess it just showed me that she is a tech... my DR is the boss. So, as the week continued, I kept in with the crampiness. On Friday it was pretty much all day. I laid down for about and hour and a half and had no relief at all. Took a couple extra strength Tylenol and still nothing helped. I told Danny that I was going to call the nurse and see what I could do to get some relief... When she returned my call around 3 PM she informed me that because I had never had a baby before and didn't know what labor felt like, she needed me to go to the hospital. They would hook me up to monitors and make sure that I wasn't in labor. I just kept saying, "no, I am not in labor. I just feel crampy." She just kept telling me that for some women that is how it feels... GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! Well, I hung up and looked at Danny and said, I am not going... To his reply, "do you want to be the woman that has a baby on the bathroom floor?" So, we went to the hospital...

When we got there, they hooked me up to all kinds of monitors, in a labor and delivery room might I add, and started to check my contractions and the baby's heartbeat. I was so mortified! I kept telling Danny what in the hell are we doing here?!? Anyhow, after a bit of monitoring, they came in and took some blood, wheeled me to another ultrasound, where the woman did not say one word... Danny and I didn't even see the screen... We were both terrified we were going to be having a baby at this point. They also came in and took a sample from my bladder to check for another UTI and some swab thing that checks the cells of your cervix to see if you are going to deliver in the next 2 weeks or longer. My nurse was SO great and explained everything awesome. She had also had placenta previa and told me that when she was in the hospital on bed rest with it, some nurse checked her and pulled her placenta right out when she finished... HELLO!!! I had NO idea it was that dangerous! I can not believe Danny and I have been having sex this whole time! What if that would have happened at home?!? All the tests came back normal for infection... my cervix had not started to dialate... and the swab test came back inconclusive, I have to go back and have it done again this week... So, all in all, the crampiness, dehydrated... which can cause contractions, who knew, and they also said ligament pain with it from my round ligaments. So, after 5 hours in the hospital... Home again. Back to the DR this week to be checked up on again for the crampiness. Still pretty crampy every day... lots of laying around... thinking of all the things I need to do before this baby comes in 9 WEEKS NOW!!! Holy cow! I keep telling Danny, She better be one good baby! I know she is so worth all of it! Most importantly, I now realize that I need to do what my Dr says... when he says, this is dangerous to you and your baby, I need to listen... It is not just about me anymore. I will have to learn to be a patient patient.

3 comments:

wendyberd said...

holy crap! if you need anything - let me know! hang in there and catch up on your soap watching in the next few weeks while you're takin' it easy. :)

Jess said...

Holy cannoli- you do need to take it easy lady. Can the girls come play?

Skye, Jenni and girls said...

That is scary I hope everything goes good for your next visit