Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daddy Do's



So, when I met Danny, he was a single dad of two little girls. Along with that title he had to do the unimaginable for two little ones every day... their hair. Now, for most men, this would pose a serious problem, but for my Danny, when he is determined to do something, he will find a way to do it AWESOME!!! I got to the point that I was pretty impressed with his creativity. Now, don't get me wrong, there were no bows, curls or ribbons... nothing girly by any means. But this man can do some serious elastic work. So, yesterday afternoon he told me that he wanted to try to french braid Kadee's hair in the front... like a headband. I told him, kudos for wanting to try. If you don't know, I tried to be taught how to french braid for 3 solid days in beauty school... DID NOT WORK!! I can not do it for the life of me. So, when he said he wanted to try... I told him to have at it. Today after swimming lessons, he gave it his best shot. About 40 minutes later... he actually did a pretty good job. I was definitely impressed. Best part about the whole thing, the tongue, sticking out the ENTIRE time he braided. I finally had to come down and do some laundry... had the giggles to bad. What a GREAT DAD!

1 comment:

Em said...

ok, love this. remember reading it on fb and love seeing the pictures now.