Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yeah for new!


So, this has to be one of the best days ever! My husband bought me a new washer and dryer and I LOVE them! When we got married, we took an old washer from Danny's parents basement and he bought a used, commercial, dryer on KSL. Well, honestly they did the job... but, at an expense. The washer worked pretty well, but it sounded like a jet engine was taking off in the basement when it went into spin cycle. The dryer, well it SUCKED!! All it did was heat the clothes up to the max and toss them around. When it was done, the buzz was deafening and lasted about 1 minute. When you would take the clothes out of the dryer, you would get burned by the buttons or snaps on anything you touched... and they smelled just plain HOT! Can I tell you that I am pleased as punch with the new ones. The washer wonderful.. and I have already done 4 loads today. It has a glass lid and Danny and I have been entranced today watching it wash without the agitator. It is all digital... so now I am like, oh they have 15 more minutes... and I can come back down. The two best things about the dryer... it can tell if the clothes are still damp and will automatically adjust the time and it also has a setting that if I am not right here to take them out when they are done, it will keep fluffing them every 3 minutes for 45 seconds so they don't wrinkle. I LOVE THEM!!! Thank you baby for making your wife one happy lady. I promise we will still buy you a laptop... THANK YOU for spending what you had for that, on me and two black appliances. I love you!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Seriously yay for new washer and dryer! It'll take way less time doing laundry- bigger loads you know. Just in time for the new baby and all of the laundry she'll create

The Batts said...

I can just imagine the two of you sitting in the basement watching the washing wash! Seriously - find something to do! :) Just kidding...I am only jealous. They look so nice and you definitely deserve them! I'm totally impressed that Danny would spend his cash on you instead of saving it for his laptop - pretty impressive, Danny!