Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lillian Update...


So, yesterday we went to the doctor for another appointment. The last few days this baby girl has definitely done the BIG drop! She is laying about 3 1/2 to 4 inches lower than she was before. I am LOVING the fact that I can finally breathe again, but I have traded that luxury for some SERIOUS lower back pain. All day on Tuesday, I was having contractions. In the morning in lasted about an hour and a half and continued off and on all day. The worst part of it was that I was not only feeling it in my belly, but the worst was in my lower back! YIKES! Since I was working all day, sure that didn't help the situation a ton. Then, yesterday morning, when I got up to get ready to go to the doctor, I had some blood going on... so all things combined, I was a little nervous. When we got to the dr. he was shocked at how far she had dropped so fast. Also, he checked my cervix to make sure that was not where the blood had come from... which it wasn't, so good news there. He set up my ultrasound for today. When we went I was a little nervous and anxious to see what we would find out. We found out that Lilly weighs about 5lbs 5 oz.. which is about 60% of the average for this point. Some things she measured ahead of schedule... so I guess we will see what the dr has to say about that. I also was worried that she was still a girl, for the fact that her room looks like it has been hosed down in Peptobismal. From the pic up top, you can tell... FOR SURE A GIRL!!! She has the right parts! They also saw that her head was so far down, they couldn't see anything... they did a vag ultrasound to check the placenta, which her head was laying on my cervix, much to the techs surprise. She looked at the placenta by blood flow and said, it would be the dr's call... Still close, but not sure how close. Little Lilly has grown a ton. I can NOT believe how much bigger she is. She is DEFINITELY out of room in there. We did get a great look at her little face and she looks like she has chubby cheeks and Grandma Gwen and Aunt Stacey's chin. She is a cute little fart. Anyhow, I go to the doctor around the 25 again, and if the placenta hasn't moved enough, will be scheduling the C section for that next week! CRAZY!!! I can not believe it is here so soon... Let's just hope that all of these contractions and her dropping so low onto my cervix doesn't send me into labor before hand!

1 comment:

The Batts said...

Of course she is a cute little fart! With a chin like mine, how could she be any cuter?! :) Keep her in there growing and brewing for at least a couple more weeks! We can't wait to hold and snuggle her!