Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crazy week on 7500 South

Well, this week is one to go in the books. Last Sunday I woke up with an awful sinus cold thing going on... My ears ached like no other, my head ached because it was full of pressure in my sinuses and I honestly felt like crap. Danny and I stayed home from church and I slept most of the day away. On Monday things were not to much better and my ears had been draining some kind of gross all through the night, so I told Danny that before I went to work for the day, I was going to go to the DR. I was positive I had a sinus infection. I get them all the time and it felt pretty classic to the symptoms, only 10 times worse. My dr. wasn't in Monday, so I saw the other DR in the practice. To my "WHAT? SERIOUSLY?" it was not a infection. He said that everything looked red and swollen, but not infected. He said that due to the increase in blood while you are prego, any added pressure can make it feel like your head will explode. What can I take to help... "nothing really". Sorry. So, as the week continued, my left leg started to really get sore. I have gotten some serious varicose veins from my mother during this pregnancy and I started to get a big purple, blue and red spot behind my knee, which started to get hot and really tender. By Friday it was killing me, so after talking to my mom about it, she is the expert on blood clots, I decided that I better call the DR. When I called they said my DR was not in again today, so I needed to come in and be seen by the other DR AGAIN!!! 2X's in one week... HOW STUPID DO I FEEL!!! Anyhow, it was a clot, not in my deep veins though. Now, I get to wear those LOVELY ted hose they told me everyday, but I promised Danny I would do it every other day. During the summer honestly, every day! NO WAY!!! You will be coming to visit me in a mental institution. We also found out on Thursday night that it will take Danny 4 full years at the U to get his Mech Eng degree... not all of his credits will transfer from BYU. We were so bummed... So, we contacted my sister who works with the ENG department at USU. She did some leg work for us and we found out that it will only take us 3 years if we do it there... which they have the best engineering program ever, so I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO STOKED!!!!!!! I get to move back to LOGAN!!! YEAH!!!!!!! Can you tell I am so happy. We have one year here at SLCC to get the rest of the lower classes he can get and then we will start at USU fall semester 2010. WAHOO! So, it has been a whirl wind week at our house. Let's hope the rest of the summer doesn't follow suite...

Also, the baby is getting quite the personality. In the morning when the alarm goes off and Danny rolls over to snuggle me and starts talking... she will wake up and start kicking his arm around me. It is so cute. I think she knows her Daddy's voice already. Also, this morning when Kadee came and got in bed with me, the second she started to talk baby Lilly woke up again and was going wild in there. It is amazing, there is really a little human in there. I can't wait to meet you sweet girl!

9 comments:

Barbara Knaub said...

I don't know if i like this news of you moving back to Logan!! (secretly i am jealous).

Adree said...

I bet you look sooo hot in those white leggings :) :)

Em said...

ok, i'm thinking we need to make you a pair that are condusive to summer weather. do they make breathable ones???;-) it's such a pain at the end. it makes you want them here so much more, haha, hopefully to get you through those nights when you just want to put them back in you for a few hours;-)

Jess said...

Sorry on the mandatory ted hose thing. they are not nice, and they don't let you tan well. Seriously though, I just read in one of my text books that prenatal massage is good for that-just think a weekly massage doctors orders :)

Tracey said...

Holy cow, sounds like you're having quite the fun pregnancy! Sorry about the clot and the TED hose, those are NOT fun! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog, I didn't even know you had one. That's fun you get to move back to L-town. Hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see that adorabe little baby you're carrying around!!! Best of luck! Let's keep in touch:)

liz said...

Hey jen. You are sure getting a bum deal in this pregnancy, but the little miracle at the end is well worth it. I wanted to let you know that we had our baby girl on the 22nd. Since u don't check your e-mail and i am lazy about calling, this was the easiest way: ) I'll have to call ya sometime and tell ya about it. We named her Adlyn Elizabeth. That is very exciting you are moving back to logan. We might not be here by then though: ( Jason definitely doesn't think they have the best engineering program. Ok, the program might be the best, but a lot of the teachers suck: )take care as best you can!

MaddyChick said...

Kudos on the Gene's!!! At least you got to wait until you were pregnant to figure out the clot things. I got mine on our honeymoon! Anyway apparently it runs in the blood that we all happily got! The best thing I could do was elevate and I found this liguid heat pad that worked wonders! Good Luck!

Skye, Jenni and girls said...

I am sooooo excited that you are moving back to Logan, that will be soooo much fun. I hope everything goes good with that leg of yours

Mary said...

That is great news that you are moving to Cache Valley! We've got some really nice homes for sale in our neighborhood in Smithfield! You should come take a look! We need to get together when you get back here!
-Mary Williams Smith