Thursday, May 7, 2009

Half Way THERE!!!



Well to the request of many of you, I decided to finally just take a pic of myself and this GROWING belly and post it so all of you can see that this is real! I know pics in the mirror by yourself are kinda gay, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I also went to the DR on Wednesday for my 20 week check-up. He said that the baby is growing great and doing exactly what it needs to... my body on the other hand is not quite doing the exact things it is suppose to be doing... In my ultrasound last week she told me that my placenta was on my cervix and honestly, that meant nothing to me. My DR yesterday informed me that I have partial placenta previa... which means that my placenta is on the bottom rather than the side or top where it should be. It can put alot of pressure on the cervix and cause it to start dilating at a very early stage.. He told me that I need to be very very careful about ALL the things I am doing... sex...CAUTION! Which SUCKS ROCKS!! We are only half way there! Anyhow, he is hoping that it will correct itself as my pregnancy continues, but as for now, that is where we stand. I am going to be having another ultrasound at 28 weeks to check it again and see if it has moved at all. LET'S PRAY IT DOES! It sounds like it will only be the beginning of the ultrasounds if it hasn't moved... They monitor this very closely he said. The result of placenta previa is a scheduled C section at 37 weeks. You can't have a normal vaginal delivery with it. So people, there is the update. Silly Lilly is kicking herself crazy in there and I am loving every movement, at this point anyhow. That will be one of the biggest things I will miss when this little miracle arrives. Let's just keep praying for this placenta business to resolve!

3 comments:

Magoo said...

Hi Jenn. We love the pics of you. Jayson loves checkin out Blogs with me! Lacee did okay cutting his hair, but he might take you up on the freeway bathroom idea! :)
We are so excited for this new baby!!

Jami said...

I had placenta previa with Becca. They ended up up putting me on total bed rest for 3 weeks. It finally ended up moving on it's own and the rest of the pregnacy went great.

Adree said...

I was checking my blog and decided to leave you a comment and then realized I was still signed in under my sis. OOPS