Thursday, April 23, 2009

Is Danny pregnant too?!?

So, Tuesday night I had young women. We were having pizza to celebrate one of our girls getting her Young Women Recognition Award. I went to Papa Murphy's and picked us up the pizzas, 2 large peperoni pizzas and some bread sticks. Well, when I got to the church to start cooking the pizzas I saw only one oven. I thought to myself, wow, I have never seen a stake house with only one oven. Oh well I thought and warmed it up. I had to cook one pizza and the bread and then thought I would do the other one as soon as it had finished... It would take the girls a few minutes to polish off that much pizza. Well, needless to say, they were all standing around in the kitchen waiting for the other pizza to finish. I told them sorry, I thought there would be more than one oven to cook in, but there isn't. Their reply, Jen, there is another oven right here... Yes, right next to the oven I was using... was the second oven... HELLO!!!

Yesterday it was SO blasted hot in our house! When we came home from a walk last night, it was almost 80 degrees in here. I was dying. Danny being the awesome husband he is, climbed up onto the roof and did whatever you do to the swamp cooler to make it work. We turned it on full blast to try and cool this house down so that we could sleep. We put the girls to bed and sat down to watch American Idol we had on DVR. When it was over we got up to go to bed and as we stood up from the couch, after you got higher, it was seriously like a HEAT WAVE!!! Danny said it feels like the heat is blasting! I was just like i know. Then it hit me... The thermostat is right under the swamp cooler... I bet the heat had never been turned off and it had gone below 68. Yep, with the cooler blowing directly on it, the thermostat was about 62 and the furnace had been running constantly for almost 2 hours.. it was like a freakin sauna in the basement where our room is. I walked in to check on the girls before going to bed and they were both sprawled out on top of their blankets, sweating to death. After the fans and open windows the house was back down to 72 this morning... WE BOTH NEED TO ENGAGE THE BRAIN!!!

2 comments:

Em said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, that is hysterical!!! but only in the "it's over so it's funny" kind of way;-)

Candice said...

I totally miss hearing that story while you are leaning over polishing a set of nails and laughing so hard you can't even finish!! Love YA!!