Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family night!!!


I had the brilliant idea for family night this week that we would carve pumpkins and get all ready for Halloween. After dinner we headed outside to get the pumpkins off the front porch. We got them a few weeks ago, but because of warm weather we waited to carve them. The girls pumpkins were really small, to small to carve, so they painted them... with q tips cause I couldn't find any paint brushes small enough. (My craft room still isn't to organized) After Danny cut the "lid" off of his pumpkin, I decided not to carve mine, that I would just leave it sitting on the front porch and then we could just use it as a fall decoration... until Thanksgiving. It looked REALLY messy... Somehow, Danny got me to try to dig out the guts and so I ended up getting dirty too, but it was so much fun! After we got done and took baths for bed the bathtub was covered in little pieces of paint we washed off the girls. They ate it up and have asked me every single day since if we can paint pumpkins again today. Danny made his pumpkin into a hillbillie. It was fun. The girls thought it was awesome when we put them on the porch and lit up the "jack o lantern". Oh memories!

No comments: