Monday, October 27, 2008

wiLd NigHts

Yes, being married has brought some very wild and interesting, when I say that I mean give you the giggles until you can hardly breathe, nights. No, get your mind away from there, that is not what I am talking about... I am talking about the fact that my husband talks in his sleep... so so so so so much and it make ABSOLUTELY no sense. It is hilarious. I lay there with the giggles all by myself trying to make sure I remember every bit of it to tell him the next morning. It all became clear to me a few weeks before we were to be married. One night Danny had fallen asleep on the living room floor at out new house. When I told him to wake up and go home so I could go to bed, he said, "and that is why they close the caskets before they move them." I replied, what? And then he woke himself up enough to know what he just said. I laughed until I thought I would pee my pants. A few nights later, he said and that is why I wear pajama pants, I just don't trust myself. (I am actually laughing so hard trying to write this) It is sooo freakin funny. On our wedding night we were going to sleep and I could tell he was about completely asleep. He said something totally crazy and when I asked him what, he said HEY I know what I am talking about, it isn't funny. Totally so hostile... I was trying so hard to not laugh. And that was the beginning of many many hilarious nights to come. The other night he sat straight up in bed and busted out singing when the saints come marching in. Hilarious. Thursday night, Kambrie woke up crying. When I ran upstairs to see what she needed, it was a drink of water. I walked into the kitchen and there was Danny, in his g's. He asked what she needed and I said a drink, he walked into the bathroom. I gave Kam her drink and stopped by the bathroom to tell him I was going back down to bed. He said ok and came back to bed after me. The next morning he said wow, the girls didn't wake up at all last night... Hello! How do you not remember that?!? Saturday night, I needed a drink at around 2:30. We have one on the nightstand which is on his side of the bed. When I asked him to hand it to me, he looked me dead in the eyes and said, you have 9 seconds... Reached for it, couldn't get it, and rolled over and went back to sleep. I got up, walked around the bed, and took a drink. Next morning nothin. He remembers nothin. It is so funny. As normal as it is becoming, it is still so funny. Thanks for making me laugh ALL of the time baby. Let's hope our kids don't inherit that and let's pray that it doesn't rub off on me or we will definitely be the crazy people that were out mowing our lawn in the middle of the night in our garmets!

6 comments:

The Batts said...

I am totally laughing out loud right now! I had no idea it was to that point! You should do all of your question asking at about 2:00 am....make sure to have a recorder in hand! :)

MaddyChick said...

What you find out after you are married huh! My husband will be snoring is a dead sleep and just start yelling and kicking and screaming when I ask him what is wrong he just rolls over, no recollection in the morning! Does bring a good laugh though.

kris mair said...

oh my heck.. that is hilarious! hahaha..hehehe..hohoho! I love to read your stories!

Skye, Jenni and girls said...

That is so funny. Can I tell you Skye talks in his sleep too. Not as bad as your hubby but still that is funny.

Andrea Aguirre said...

Nic does the same thing and I, like you, laugh at him and try to provoke more hilarious comments out of him. He never remembers any of it either. When we first got married he actually called me another womans name in one of his crazy conversations!

Shelley Gee said...

Jen, that is hilarious!!! My sister used to do things like that when we were younger and shared a room. I had many nights of fun and laughter at her expense...except for the time she thought there was a man hiding in my bed and made me take the whole thing apart before she would go back to sleep! Enjoy it :D