Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our HONEYMOON in PARADISE!!!


Well here it is as promised... Pics from our honeymoon in Hawaii!

This is us waiting to board the plane to get outta here!


Sunday morning in Maui. The banana tree outside our condo... on our way to the beach.
Danny checkin out the snorkel gear while I lounged on the sand.
Sunday afternoon we drove to Lahina and walked around and had dinner on the beach at Bubba Gumps
Our attempt to see the sunset
in Lahinia... we missed it.Danny posing at bubba gumps on the famous bench in the shoes... laughed our bums off.




Monday morning we decided to get up at 2:30 am and drive to the top of the volcano... we could not even begin to say the name... and watch the sunrise. It was so freaking cold and we had nothing warm to wear. I about froze my kahooties off!
finally here it comes...

It ended up being absolutely beautiful! I am so glad we did it!


Monday morning after getting back from the sunrise and a little r and r, we drove the famous Hana Highway... it was so much fun. We took a picnic and our snorkel stuff and stopped along the way to play in the water and eat and just enjoy beautiful Maui!



These are just some of the water falls and places that we were able to stop at on our 5 hour drive around the island!

Tuesday morning we took surfing lessons... we have pics of it but I don't have them on my computer yet... and it was so much fun. Danny seriously kicked butt, me on the other hand... I surfed to the shore only three times in the two hour lesson, but hey, I think my arms got a little stronger from paddling out!


Tuesday night was our last in Maui so we got dressed up and went to a nice dinner... It was fun and way way good! It is really hard to find somewhere without all seafood in Hawaii, but somehow we finally hit the jackpot!



Wednesday was a travel day for us... our little hop to Oahu. We got to Oahu around 4:30 and then we just walked the streets by the beach and did some shopping. We had dinner on the beach at Burger in Paradise and went back to the hotel!!!



Thursday morning we went to the North Shore and went and did a session at the temple... then we spent the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was a blast. We bought us some Hawaii gear while street walking Wednesday night and wore it to the temple on Thursday... How cute is my new dress? And not very often do you see a Hawaiian mens shirt that isn't cheesy but I really liked this one we found Danny.



Us at the temple on Oahu after our session... That temple is BEAUTIFUL!



Another pic in front of the temple...



The boats at the Polynesian center... Danny REALLY liked the girls in the yellow dresses... they could definitely swing those hips





On Friday we went to Pearl Harbor... This is us out on the USS Arizona. It is such an amazing sacred place... very cool feeling there.







We went to this little hole in the wall place on the side of the road to find some lunch... it was actually AWESOME pizza. We loved it. PS. Check out the disease on my mouth. Guess there was way too much kissing, pineapple and sunshine going on. Danny still kissed me even though my lip was grosser than gross! Man, he MUST love me!





We took a tour of the Bowfin submarine... it was way fun. This is us driving it and the one below is Danny sleeping in the bunks!



This is us at the USS Missouri. It was awesome. It is the ship where the papers were signed that ended WW2.







And last but very not least... the one and only sunset we were able to actually see happen in Hawaii. We missed it every single night. I told Danny we absolutely could not miss it the last night. He drove all over creation trying to find me the perfect spot to watch it. This was a naval pier we ended up stopping on. It was beautiful!







Aloha Hawaii... thank you for treating us so well and we can't wait to visit you again!


And thanks to you babe for taking me somewhere I had always wanted to go... especially for our honeymoon. I can't wait to share it with you again someday! I love you!


6 comments:

Candice said...

Looks like so much FUN! I am sure you found a way to keep warm on the volcano!! ;)

Mrs. Lawley said...

I am so jealous!! You guys look so happy!! enjoy your new life... I miss you!! XOXO

Shane, Tori, Konner, Brylee, and Halle said...

Hey Miss Jen! I finally got on your blog! How is everything? All of your pics are so dang cute! I am so glad you had such a good time! I miss our late night talks over nails.... i really do! I hope all is well with you guys and wish you all the best.. p.s we had the flu the week you got married that is why I did not come down.. you would not of wanted to get within 10 feet of me ! I sincerely missed it and wish I could of been there. I love ya! T

WesnKt said...

FUN FUN FUN!~ Thanks for sharing your pics! I LOVE the 2nd one with the big beautiful orange/yellow flower in your hair. I am so happy for you!
Love ya!
Katie

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Jen, I found your blog from Jenn Dangerfield's blog. I'm so happy for you. Daany definitely looks like one cool guy and your daughters are beautiful!!! You looked beautiful on your wedding day and your honeymoon sounds incredible. Congrads!!! You deserve an abundance of happiness and it appears as though you have found it!!!

Mick and Tiff said...

Jen- That trip looks so great! I don't think there is a better place then Hawaii!!! We need to get together. I am not so grumpy anymore. I think I should have came and said Hi a different day. Let's do lunch!