Sunday, January 11, 2009

winter wonderland

Our first family sledding outing of the year!


Well, we wanted to take the girls sledding so we got all bundled up and drove trying to find a hill, with snow, for about 45 minutes. Finally, up on the east bench way past Sandy, we found an elementary school that had this little sledding hill. There was only one Dad there with his two little kids and so we pulled in. Kambrie screamed because after the snow blower incident she was quite hesitant to get on the sled, but after watching Kadee come down a few times with Dad she decided that it would be fun. Kadee was so brave and she even went down all by herself before we left. We all had a blast but mostly I just had the giggles. In this video above you will see Kadee and Kambrie come down on the sled, followed by Danny. What is so funny about this video is Kam and her balaclava...aka...face mask. It is so funny. It works good to keep her chin warm and not get snow on it, but she just can't figure out how in the world to see out of that thing. So, after really watching the videos and looking at the pics we took sledding, I think she was in the dark most of the time. No wonder she was so brave!

Me and the girls hiking back up the hill, Kam still can't walk through the snow in those dang boots so she got the easy route to the top!


Danny and the girls at the bottom of the hill.

This last video is by far my favorite! I still giggle so hard when I watch it. I think I watched it three or four times the other day while Kam was napping and giggled the whole time. Of course there was a jump on the hill and of course my husband had to give it a try. This is him going off it. Only tried it the one time. That was enough for him. LOL... I ate it up! Aw, I love the snow!

No comments: