Sunday, May 4, 2008

could be very addictive...


So, tonight Danny came to Logan and we went to the Rock Haus and went climbing. It was soooo much fun. I had never done it and I was a little freaked out, but I can feel that I am already wanting to go again now. As soon as my hands recover and I am able to straighten them out again that is! It definitely uses alot of muscles that I have never used before and frankly I didn't even know that I had. When we first got there we got our cool shoes and harnesses on. Which, are totally unattractive. It is a very good thing that Danny already loves me. Then the instructor, don't remember her name, came in and gave us a lesson on the ropes. How to tie the knots, how to hold the ropes and how to let one another down off the wall. It kinda felt really awkward at first, like I was totally on display and everyone was getting a real good look at my butt in this harness, but it's just how it is. You very quickly forget about it. Danny and I climbed for about two and a half hours. It is really really fun, and if our arms weren't totally shot we probably would have stayed longer. It is definitely something that we are going to have to do again. It is crazy fun. Next time I am totally going to try a higher level. Until then, I will start to do my finger tip push ups to strengthen my grip on the rocks and figure out how to not get jello arms by the time I hit the top of the wall. Thanks for the awesome date tip Rose. You were right about the Rock Haus and we thank you for the info! Oh, and a ps to all of my fellow Cafe Sabor addicts... We went there tonight for dinner after climbing and the infamous Freddy was our waiter. When we finished eating we were the only table left in the restaurant. He asked us what we wanted for desert, that he was buying it for us tonight. We were his very last table, tonight was his last night, he is moving to Brazil. Sad, Freddy will no longer be providing fantastic service at Cafe Sabor. We will probably never be able to get a diet pepsi with a ring of limes ever again. Sorry Carrie... bummer huh. Anyhow, thanks for the free fried ice cream Freddy! Hopefully my hands totally haven't set up by morning and that tomorrow I will be able to open my mascara tube before church, hold the sacrament cup without spilling it all over me, and be able to really use my hands on Monday to cut hair. Good luck with the chalk board this week Danny. Should prove to be interesting! Sorry no photos of us actually climbing, Danny conveniently forgot to remind me about the photos! We would TOTALLY recommend this to all of you for a date night idea!!
P.S. Saturday night after 6:00 is date night price at $9.00 per person and your shoes are free on the first visit. Totally go and try it and let me know what you thought about it!

2 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

Yeah! I knew that you would be tough enough to do it! Your fingers probably wouldn't be so cramped, but you do have long fingernails...ha.ha.ha. I laughed when I remembered the harness--sorry, I should have warned you about that-
I love you so much.xoxox

Adree said...

I am really sad that there are no pictures. I was looking forward to seeing your butt in that harness.