Friday, March 6, 2009

You did what?

The other day Kambrie was eating a tiny box of Nerds.. you know, the classic kid candy that somehow ends up in EVERY nook of your house. Well, she kept picking her nose. I finally said, "sis, what are you doing. Stop picking your nose." To her reply, I have a nerd in my nose. Yes, I could feel it but it was lodged up there so far I couldn't see it. I plugged her one nostril, had her close her mouth and blow out her nose. All of the sudden after about three blows to loosen that thing... it came flying out. It was HUGE! You know the ones that are like 2 or 3 stuck together. That is what it was. We had to have a talk about putting stuff up our nose.

The other day Kadee came into the computer room while I was online checking my pregnancy ca lander... it is super cool and shows you the baby at each week, what it looks like and how it is changing. She asked what I was doing so I said looking at what our baby looks like right now. There was an ultrasound on there of a baby moving, kicking it's arms and legs and moving in the very small space that it has right now. We talked about how now the baby can move, but I can't feel it yet. The picture next to it was just an actual picture of the baby in the placenta. The next question I got was about the sac around the baby. I explained to Kadee that it keeps the baby safe and is full of water like stuff so the baby doesn't get bumped. She sat there for a minute and then looked at me and asked, "so, when you swallowed that baby, you swallowed it in a SAC!!!" I just grinned and said "yep, I did."

2 comments:

Terri said...

I had that same thing happen with Jack (who at the time was 3). We were in church and he shoved an orange tic tac up his nose. Good memories!

Cute story about the baby. Kids are so darn cute with what they come up with. You're a smart women to just agree. The day will come when you have to have detailed conversations about all that good stuff!

Em said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, that's hilarious!