Sunday, January 17, 2010

New week, new life

Well, life is SO much better since Danny made the last post. I mean like life and death different. After I had the EEG on the last post they didn't find any irregularities with the test. And I even had two episodes while they were doing the test. The second one I almost passed out... So, if it was seizures, they definitely would have shown. After they got the results to that they told me that they think I am suffering from Migraines with Aura and that they could possibly be hormone induced. I told them that I had just had a baby four months ago, then started back on birth control pills and switched after one month to another... cheaper kind. Big mistake I guess. The thing that makes me the most crazy about all of this is that one of the very first things I did when all of this was really starting to become a problem was call my gyno and ask if by any chance it could be the new birth control I was on. I got an absolutely not... and was sent to an internist. Anyhow, at the hospital they gave me the meds for the migraines in my IV and it completely knocked me out. I had passed out 2 more times that morning. After the drugs I slept for about 3 hours... when I woke up I felt a TON better. I had no headache anymore. My arms didn't feel and tingly and weak. I felt like I was a little unsteady but absolutely NOTHING like I was going to pass out. I told the DR and they told me that they would send me home with a prescription for it. I asked if I could go home and they told me I could get dressed. YAHOO! So, when we got home I put my birth control pills in the garbage and started to take my new meds every night and viola... today I feel better than I have for a year. A few days ago I looked up migraines with aura. The symptoms are straight down the line of what I have been experiencing. Dizziness or lightheaded... sometimes loosing consciousness. Numbness or tingly feeling in an extremity. Loss of vision or blurry vision. Stiff neck. Waking up feeling like you have been "hit by a train". Trouble speaking, slurred speech or not being able to say the words you are trying to say. A headache that only lasts 10-20 minutes. Yep, straight down the line. ALL of the things I have been complaining about everyday for MONTHS! It even said that some people experience hallucinations. Man am I glad it didn't get to that point for me. I feel so incredibly blessed that the DR listened to me... looked at the possibilities and figured it out. The thing on the internet said you can only imagine how scary these symptoms would be for someone experiencing them for the first time. Hello.... yes, very scary. I am so thankful for a husband that didn't think I was crazy and supported me through all of this mess. I feel so lucky to be one of the people that get to find out what is causing me to feel like crap everyday and that there is something I can take and something I can stop putting in my body to make me feel like a normal functioning person again. When we were in the ER the doctor told me many times that 50% of people that suffer from syncope, fainting, we never know the cause of. Hello... not a thing you should tell someone that has fainted 5 times in about 12 hours. How in the world could you ever be a mom or wife. I would have to have someone not only watch me all the time but take care of my kids. I feels so blessed. This week is going to be so much better than last and it will only continue to get better. I for one am scared to death to ever do any kind of birth control again... man, I had NO idea that hormones could screw your body up to that extent! I actually heard that they can be deadly... scary.... and so lucky!

In the blessing my husband gave me he told me there was reason to be concerned, but not to be afraid. He was so right. I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband who holds and honors his priesthood and can give me a blessing when I need it. It brings SO much comfort and strength.

Health is something I have definitely taken for granted. I feel so lucky to be healthy and happy and well.

12 comments:

Adree said...

Jen I am soooo glad to hear things are ok. I have been thinking and praying for you. I hope everything continues to get better.

Em said...

sooooooo glad it's all under control!!!!

liz said...

I was pretty freaked out, so i am very grateful that you are doing so well so quickly. Ya, i will never go on birth control again. I was on the patch and had a migraine about 3 times a week for years(ya slow learner), then they put me on a new birth control that's supposed to be good for people who suffer from migrains and i had a headache every single day all day. DONE!! I can't even imagine going through what you did. Mine was enough to push me over the edge and i never even got close to the ER!! It's ok, there are fun condoms out there! : ) Hope things keep getting better and hey, how about ?posting some more pictures of all you guys especially that cute baby

Nicole Moultrie said...

Oh my gosh Jen! So so glad you are feeling better! My body has crazy reactions to hormones too!..not quite like yours, but Jared is convinced that birth control makes me crazy. I'm have a non-hormone using IUD now, and so far so good. Id probably be a little gun shy to use anything too, but if you need any info let me know.

Sandy said...

I am so happy to hear you are doing better and feel good. I was worried about you girl!

Jess said...

Stinkin birth control! glad you're all better.

Jes and Elvin said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. Kind of makes you wonder about the whole birth control thing. We take it like it's no big deal, but we should really be aware of everything we put into our bodies. At least you are on the mend and back to your old self!

Richins Family said...

Jen, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope that you continue to recover, and if you need anything let me know.

Israel Urrutia said...

nice family


try to see this web site... http://jesus-christ-is-coming.blogspot.com/

hugs and blessings

it is not spam!!

DeeDee1Whoa said...

Whoever wants to affiliate with my blog or for us to follow each other's blogs on Blogger, let me know! I'm willing to return the favor, I mean we could all use some more traffic & readers on our blogs.
http://deedee1whoa.blogspot.com/

Sandy said...

Glad you are all doing well. I'm super happy for all the updates and fun post. I've been thinking about how you are all doing.

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same thing. Had several MRI's and they told me it was most definately my birth control I was on. It was YAZ. It literally zapped a whole year of my life. I quit taking the pill and everything is slowly going back to normal. What pill were you taking?